The 10th international cachexia conference will take place on 8-10 December 2017 in Rome, Italy.
10th international SCWD conference on cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle wasting
8-10 December 2017
Official Language: English
‘Basic Science’ and ‘Clinical Science’ tracks:
- Medical professionals • 820.00 € (690.00 € until 17 Sept. 2017)
- Nurses, technicians and doctors <35 years of age • 650.00 € (550.00 € until 17 Sept. 2017)
- Abstract presenters • 550.00 €
- Abstract presenters (industry) • 950.00 €
- Industry representatives • 2 100.00 € (1 600.00 € until 17 Sept. 2017)
Click here for conference registration.
Venue and Hotel
Details still to be confirmed.
For more information please contact:
MedEd Global Solutions
27 rue Raffet
75016 Paris, France
Tel.: +33 14 401 5181
Cell: +33 67 191 9977
The Society on Sarcopenia, Cachexia and Wasting Disorders (SCWD) is pleased to invite you to attend its first Updates Programme on Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Wasting Diseases that will be held on December 8-10, 2017, in Rome, Italy.
As an international and multidisciplinary organization, the SCWD seeks to further research on cachexia, sarcopenia and muscle wasting in order to bring practical solutions to healthcare teams worldwide.
Since the first cachexia conference that took place in Berlin in 2000, over 2000 physicians from over 25 countries have attended our educational sessions.
In 2015, 60 international speakers and over 500 participants joined together in Paris. They expressed the need to hold a conference annually. That is the reason why the Board of SCWD organised a rich two-day program in Berlin on December 6-8, 2016 which gathered over 300 participants.
We expect this SCWD updates 2017 to be a unique forum for all medical professionals dealing with muscle wasting in their disciplines and we look forward to meeting you in Rome.
John E. Morley Stefan D. Anker
International Scientific Committee
Stefan D. Anker (President) – Göttingen, Germany
John E. Morley – St. Louis, USA
William J. Evans – Durham, USA
Akio Inui – Kobe, Japan
Josep M. Argiles – Barcelona, Spain
Filippo Rossi-Fanelli – Rome, Italy
Vickie E. Baracos – Edmonton, Canada
Andrew Coats – Melbourne, Australia and Warwick, UK
Wolfram Doehner – Berlin, Germany
Luigi Ferrucci – Baltimore, USA
David J. Glass – Cambridge, USA
Aminah Jatoi – Rochester, USA
Kamyar Kalantar-Zadeh – Torrance, USA
Florian Strasser – St. Gallen, Switzerland
Stephan von Haehling – Göttingen, Germany
Abstract submissions deadline: 30 July 2017
Late-breaking research and clinical abstract deadline: 30 September 2017
Abstract submission >
Following this activity, the audience will be able to:
1. Review the latest information about the pathophysiology of muscle wasting and its epidemiology.
2. Screen for and diagnose cachexia, sarcopenia, frailty and dysmobility resulting from the following diseases or chronic conditions: cancer, cardiovascular disease, COPD, CKD, dementia/Alzheimer’s disease, diabetes, infectious diseases, stroke and aging.
3. Develop appropriate management programs for patients across the continuum of care.
Internists, oncologists, cardiologists, gerontologists, palliative care specialists, primary care physicians and nurses.